5. Easements and Right-of-Ways
About this training
Nothing will kill your deal like a missed easement. Become an easement expert and eliminate the risk.
About this Course
An easement is a legal right to cross or otherwise use someone else’s land for a specific purpose. From a shared driveway to maintenance and hydro easements, knowing where to identify them and how to interpret their impact on a property you’re buying or selling is key to your ability to serve your client.
What You’ll Learn
- What is an easement? How do you know when your property has one? How do you know where it is “on the ground”?
- Types of easement and which cause the most problems for homebuyers.
- How easements can affect your deal.
- How to source easement documentation, use it and protect your deal.